President of SWIT
Bibliography of Dr. Kau-Ming Chen
ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kau-Ming_Chen << US Patent Application on Progress >>
K.-M. Chen; CHALLENGING “BACTERIAL DRUG RESISTANCE”, ACHIEVING HEALING PERIODONTITIS; Application Number: 16195865; applied on 21st Nov. 2018
- PhD of Chemistry from University of Pennsylvania
Shine WiseInnovation Technology Corporation – President
College of Life Science at National University of Kaohsiung – Associate Professor, majoring in R&D of Molecular Medicine；Epigenetic and Human Diseases
Kaohsiung Biotechnology Association – Chairman
Savior Life Technology Incorporation – Independent Board Director
Development Center for Biotechnology (DCB) – Consultant
Kaohsiung Biotechnology Park – Design & Planning of Biotechnology – CEO
KaoHsiung Biotechnology Corporation – President (3 years)
ScinoPharm Taiwan, Ltd. (SPT) – Director, R&D (5 years)
Ta-Tung Herb Medicinal Hospital – Executive Officer (1 year)
Taiwan Hopax Chems. Mfg. Co., Ltd – Head, Fine Chemical Division (1 year)
Novartis(Sandoz) Pharmaceuticals – Ass. Director (5 years)
Novartis(Sandoz) Pharmaceuticals – Group Leader (3 years)
Novartis(Sandoz) Pharmaceuticals – Ass. Fellow (4 years)
PhD of Organic Chemistry from University of Pennsylvania (1985)
1. F-M Chu, K-T Chang, K-M Chen, and G-T Wei, “Supercritical Fluid Extraction of Camptothecin from Nothapodytes Foetida,” Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, 04/2014
2. M. Prashad, J. Amedio, L. Ciszewski, G. Lee, C. Villa, K.-M. Chen, K.Prasad, and O. Repic; “Practical Synthesis of 3-Carboxy-(2R)-[[hydroxyl[(tetradecyloxy)phosphinyl]-oxy]-N,N,N-trimethyl-1-propanaminium Hydroxide Inner Salt (CPI975): A Carnitine Palmitoyltransferase I Inhibitor”; Organic Process Research & Development, 6, 773-776 (2002).
3. O. Tempkin, S. Able, C.-H. Chen, R. Underwood, K. Prased, K.-M.; Chen, O. Repic, and T. Blacklock "Asymmetric Synthesis of 3,5-Dihydroxy-6(E)-heptenoate containing HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibitor,"; Tetrahedron, 53, 10659-10670 (1997).
4. S. Palermo, L. Waykole, K-M Chen, M. Prashad, K. Prasad, O. Repic, and T. J. Blacklock, “Opening of Glycidol with Phenols in Water: Using Catalytic Amounts of Sodium Hydroxide: A Practical Synthesis of 3 Aryloxy1,2-propanediols,” Synthetic Communication – SYN COMMUN, 27(10):1757-1761, 01/1997
5. S. Patel, L. Waykole, O. Repic, and K. -M. Chen; "Synthesis of Terfenadine Carboxylate,"; Synthetic communications, 4699-4710 (1996).
6. G. T. Lee, J. Linder, K-M Chen, K. Prasad, O. Repic, and G. E. Hardtmannm “A General Method for the Synthesis of synE3,5-Dihydroxy-6-heptenoates,” ChemInform, 22(5):203-203, 01/1991
7. K. Prasad, K. -M. Chen, O. Repic and G. E. Hardtmann; "Stereoselective Aldol Reaction with Chiral Acetates,"; Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 10, 703-706 (1990).
8. G. T. Lee, J. Linder, K. -M. Chen, K. Prasad, O. Repic and G. E. Hardtmann; ” A General Method for the Synthesis of Syn-(E)-3, 5-Dihydroxy-6-heptenoated,”; Synlett, 9 , 508(1990).
9. K. Prasad, K. -M. Chen, O. Repic and G. E. Hardtmann; "A Highly Stereoselective Route to the Four Stereoisomers of a Six-Carbon Synthon,"; Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 5, 307-310 (1990).
10. K. -M. Chen, K. G. Gunderson, G. E. Hardtmann, K. Prasad, O. Repic and M.J. Shapiro; "A Novel Method for the In Situ Generation of Alkoxydialkylboranes and their Use in the Selective Preparation of 1,3-Syn Diols,"; Chemistry Letters,1923-1926 (1987). 11. K. -M. Chen, G. E. Hardtmann, K. Prasad, O. Repic and M. J. Shapiro; "1,3-Syn Diastereoselective Reduction of β-Hydroxy Ketones Utilizing Alkoxydialkylboranes,"; Tetrahedron Letters, 28, 155-158 (1987)
12. K. –M. Chen and M. M. Joullie; "Ethyl 3-Chloro-2-ethoxy-5-formyl-6-hydroxy-4-methylbenzoate,"; Org. Prep. Proced. Int. , 18, 109-112 (1986).
13. J. E. Safaryn, J. Chiarello, K. -M. Chen and M. M. Joullie; "A Convenient Synthesis of (±)-Ascochlorin,"; Tetrahedron, 42, 2635-2642 (1986).
14. K. -M. Chen, J. E. Semple and M. M. Joullie; "Total Synthesis of Fungal Metabolites and Functionlized Furanones,"; J. Org. Chem., 3997-4005 (1985).
15. K. -M. Chen and M. M. Joullie; "A Simple Total Synthesis of (±)-Ascofuranone,"; Tetrahedron Letters, 25, 3795-3796(1984).
16. R. F. Nutt, K. -M. Chen and M. M. Joullie; "Synthesis of Dihydromauritine-A, a Reduced Cyclopeptide Alkaloid,"; J. Org. Chem., 1013-1021 (1984).
17. K. -M. Chen and M. M. Joullie; "A Simple Synthesis of Geiparvarin,"; Tetrahedron Letters, 25, 393-394 (1984).
18. K. -M. Chen and M. M. Joullie; "Synthesis of Colletochlorin D,"; Tetrahedron Letters, 23, 4567-4568 (1982).
Presentations1. K. –M. Chen; “Gene Expression on Natural Plants and Their Future Development on Epigenetics” at Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, July 14, 2011.
2. K. –M. Chen; “The Value and Application of Gene Expression Products derived from Natural Plants” at National Pingtung University of Science and Technology (NPUST), Pingtung, Taiwan, September 23, 2010.
3. K. –M. Chen; “Prospect in Developing Anti-Cancer Drugs from Nothapodytes Foetida” Symposium of Current Development and Future Prospect in The Nothapodytes Foetida Plant Industry, Chia-Yi, Taiwan, March 13, 2004.
4. K. –M. Chen; “New Drug Discovery from Herbal Medicine using Biotechnology” Traditional Herbal Medicine in Taiwan, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Jan. 4, 2004.
5. K. –M. Chen; “Importance of Impurities Profile in the Pharmaceutical Industry” at Parenteral Drug Association Taiwan Chapter, Taiwan, Dec. 19, 2003.
6. K. –M. Chen; “Process Development on -Hydroxy Ketones to 1,3 Syn Diols of HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibitors”, at Chinese Petroleum Corp. Chia-Yi, Taiwan, October, 2003.
7. K. Prasad, K. -M. Chen, G. E. Hardtmann and O. Repic; “Enantio- and Diastereoselective Synthesis of SDZ 64-406, a Hypocholesterolemic Agent," 6th European Symposium on Organic Chemistry, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, Sept. 14, 1989.
8. K. Prasad, K. -M. Chen, G. E. Hardtmann and O. Repic; "The Synthesis of All Four Isomeric 3,5-Dihydroxy-6(E)-Heptenoates,"; 11th International Symposium on Synthesis in Organic Chemistry, Oxford, England, July 25, 1989.
9. K. -M. Chen, K. G. Gunderson, G. E. Hardtmann, K. Prasad, O. Repic and M. J. Shapiro; "Alkoxydialkylboranes and Their Use in the Selective Reduction of β-Hydroxy Ketones to 1,3-Syn Diols," Second International Conference on Heteroatom Chemistry, Albany, N.Y. July 17, 1989.
10. K. -M. Chen, K. Prasad, O. Repic and G. E. Hardtmann; "Reduction ofβ-Hydroxy-ketones to Syn-Diols," 8th Corporate Development Meeting, Sandoz Ltd., Basel, Switzerland, September 23, 1988.
11. K. -M. Chen , G. E. Hardtmann, K. Prasad and O. Repic; "Efficient Synthesis of a Chiral Synthon for Compactin Analogs,"; 192nd ACS National Meeting, Anaheim, Ca., Sept. 7-12, 1986.
12. B. Belinka, R. E. Walkup, K. -M. Chen and K. Prasad; "Reduction of ketone-alcohol-esters with NaBH4-tartaric acid complex-preparation of Syn 1,3-diols," ACS 16th Northeast Regional Meeting, June 21-25, 1986.
13. K. -M. Chen and M. M. Joullie; "Total Synthesis of (±)Ascofuranone and Related Metabolites,"; 188th ACS National Meeting, Phila., PA., Aug. 26-31, 1984.
Patents1. K.-M. Chen; CHALLENGING “BACTERIAL DRUG RESISTANCE”, ACHIEVING HEALING PERIODONTITIS; Application Number: 16195865; applied on 21st Nov. 2018; <<Application on Progress>> 2. C.-H. Lin, Y.-F. Chen, K.-M. Chen; Process for the Preparation of 7-Alkyl-10-Hydroxy-20(S)-Camptothecin; US7151179 B2 (2006).
3. C.-H. Hung, S.-C. Lee, S.-S. Tung, K.-M. Chen; Process for Producing Camptothecin Derivatives Using Organo Metal Catalyst, US60/594566 (2005).
4. C.-H. Lin, Y.-F. Cheng, K.-M. Cheng; Process for the Preparation of 7-Alkyl-10-Hydroxy-20(S)-Camptothecin; WO2004100897A2 (2004).
5. C.-W. Chen, C.-W. Cheng, K.-M. Chen, W.-H. Tseng and G. Schloemer; Kinetic Resolution of an Intermediate Useful in the Production of Benazepril and Analogues Thereof; US 2003055245 (2003).
6. K.-M. Chen; Process for Preparation of 3-[1’-(Alkoxycarbonyl)-3’-Phenylpropyl]amino-2-Oxo--Benazazepine and its Derivatives Thereof; WO 0179176 (2002).
7. R. Damon, G. Coppola, K.-M. Chen, S. Palermo, T. Li and S. Patel; HDL- and Apolipoprotein A-I-Raising Acylated Derivatives of Thiourea Compounds, Case No. 600-7209-US, Pending.
8. P. K. Kapa and K. -M. Chen; Process for the Preparation of (S,S)-Diastereoisomers of Certain a-Alkyl Amino Acid Esters, Case No. 600-7057-US, Pending.
9. P. K. Kapa and K. -M. Chen; Process for the Production of Imidazole Analogs of Mevalonolactone and Derivatives Thereof, Case No. 600-7088-US, Pending.
10. P. K. Kapa and Kau-Ming Chen; Process for the Synthesis of Syn-(E)-3,5-Dihydroxy-7-Substituted Hep-6-Enoic And Hepatanoic Acids and Derivatives and Intermediates Thereof, U. S. Patent Number 5,189,164 (1993).
11. Chen Kau-Ming; Kapa Prasad Koteswara; Lee George T; Repic Oljan; Hess Petr; Crevoisier Michel; Process for the preparation of 7-substituted-hept-6-enoic and -heptanoic acids and derivatives thereof., EP0363934 (1990).
12. K. -M. Chen, P. K. Kapa, G. T. Lee, O. Repic, P. Hess and M. Crevoisier; Process for the preparation of 7-substituted-hept-6-enoic and -heptanoic acids and derivatives and intermediates thereof, EP 0363,934 A1 (1990).
13. K. -M. Chen, G. E. Hardtmann, P. K. Kapa, G. T. Lee, J. Linder and S. Wattanasin; Preparation of olefinic compounds, EP 0244,364 (1987).
14. P. K. Kapa and K. -M. Chen; Process for the preparation of Certain Nitrogen-Containing Mono- and Bicyclic ACE Inhibitors, and Novel Intermediates Useful Therefor, U. S. Patent Number 4,847,384 (1989).
15. K. -M. Chen, G. E. Hardtmann, P. K. Kapa, G. T. Lee, J. Linder and S. Wattanasin; Process for the Synthesis of Diprotected R[R*,S*]-3,5-Dihydroxy-6- Oxohexanoate Esters, U. S. Patent Number 4,870,199 (1989).